Punjab National Bank renders its customers the facility to pay Service Tax and Excise Duty Online. This can be availed by customer of any of the Core Banking branches of bank.For using this facility, the customers must be registered with the Department of Central Excise and Customs as assessees for either Central Excise or Service Tax. Also, The customers should have an Internet Banking ID.
Using this facility, the customers can make payments at any time of the day. The cut off time is till 8 pm on normal working days, which will be usually extended on quarter-end and year-end days.The payments made after the cut-off time will be accounted as next working day's receipts.
This facility is available to all Central Excise and Service Tax assessee registered under the Central Excise.
Steps for Online Payment of Excise and Service Tax
- Click on the "Start New Payment" link for making online payment of excise and service tax. It will redirect to https://cbec.nsdl.com/EST/InputPageForEPaymentServlet
- Enter 15 digit Assessee code. System will automatically displays relevent information related to Assesse Code.
- The major heads (related to the Assessee Code and Type) will be decided by the system and only the corresponding reduced accounting heads will be displayed in the link of accounting heads.
- Select Minor heads (at Max. 6 minor heads can be selected at a time) from the link provided.
- Select Punjab National Bank from the List and click on Submit followed by Proceed.
- You will redirected to PNB's website
- Enter the head wise amount.
- Confirm and Submit for making payment.
- Select Corporate / Retail Option
- You will be directed to PNB's internet Banking Channel
- Enter the User Id and password in Login Page. After Login Password validation,you will be taken to payment page in which all your registered accounts will be displayed with the total amount to be debited.
- Enter your transaction user-id and password. After Transaction password validation, Hot Payment will be made and the Bank Transaction Id will be displayed.
- Return to the Excise Duty Payment Page by clicking on the Link for printing the cyber receipt.
- After successful completion, You will be given the Payment Confirmation id with the link for cyber receipt, which can be printed and kept for future reference.
- You can view the status of payment by clicking on the link "Duplicate Cyber Receipt" in the homepage.
Click here for e-Payment of Excise and Service tax